THE HOPPER POETRY PRIZE
View previous contest winners, runners-up, and honorable mentions here.
The Hopper, a literary magazine from Green Writers Press, will open submissions for full-length manuscripts to its 2019 Hopper Poetry Prize on March 1, 2019.
The competition is open to all poets, regardless of publication history. Publication is contingent on the poet’s agreeing to the terms of the publishing agreement.
There is an entry fee of $25, and manuscripts may be uploaded via Submittable. Please follow these guidelines in preparing your manuscript:
1. Submissions must be original, book-length poetry manuscripts written in the English language. Translations are not accepted.
2. Poets may submit several manuscripts, but an entry fee must be paid for each submission.
3. The manuscript must be a minimum of 45 pages and a maximum of 90 pages in length. All manuscripts must be paginated. Each new poem must start on a new page.
4. When formatting the manuscript, please make it legible. All documents must be typed/word-processed. Please select a standard typeface (such as Bodoni, Garamond, or Times New Roman) in at least 12-point type. Manuscripts may be single-spaced, double-spaced, or 1.5-spaced.
5. The Hopper Poetry Prize reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
Schedule of Proceedings:
March 1, 2019–July 1, 2019: Submissions open
July 2019: Deliberations
July 31, 2019: Winner notified
August 1, 2019: Winner announced
Fall–Winter 2019: Editing and designing of book
2020: Book published